Friday, June 10, 2005

Stopping Traffic....

We have a canal that runs parallel to the road near our home. On the side of the road is a sign that has a picture of a momma duck and her ducklings and underneath it says "Duck Crossing." Today Momma and her ducklings were out for their jaunt. Cars were stopped in both directions to allow them to cross. Often I've also seen a Momma quail with her chicks crossing in the same area. The ducklings were following Momma in a straight line, one behind the other. It was such a picture of trust, with Momma as their guide, they were oblivious to any danger around them.

As I sat in my car I thought about what an excellent illustration of God's guidance! I thought about the Israelites experiencing divine guidance when they were leaving Egypt. Before them lay the Red Sea and Pharaoh and his men were pressing in from the rear. There seemed to be no way out, yet God had purposely led them to that exact spot. Then God "stopped traffic" for them. As God led the Israelites through the Red Sea, so will He lead us.

How easy it would be to get discouraged as I deal with my knee. I did go see the doctor and I have a Baker's cyst behind my left knee. For now, I'm elevating, icing, and on crutches when I have to run an errand. I'm playing the 'waiting' game to see if the swelling will go down and the pain subsides. The 'talk' is if the swelling doesn't go down from the fluid in the knee then they will have to drain it. Now, I don't know about you, but I personally would just as soon NOT have to have it drained. So I am praying fervently!

I am still reading the book by Randy Alcorn called Heaven. This is the perfect time for me to be reading it. Instead of being discouraged that I have a body that seems to be breaking down every time I turn around, I am so stoked as I read about our new bodies that we will have once we are Home! My eyes are fixed firmly on Him who is able to guide me through thick and thin, producing in me the qualities which He desires to see. May I follow directly in line behind Him, oblivious to the 'dangers' around me, firmly focused on the race which is set before me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

Sorry about your knee! Sounds like you are making the best of it though...reading.

I'll pray for you tonight.