Monday, August 15, 2005

Our Anniversary....

This day 30 years ago we weren't really thinking about today. We were certainly committed, all the way until we die but did we really look at the future 30 years ahead? I don't think so. The good Lord gave me the very best husband I could ever ask for! He is kind and funny, he is thoughtful, loving and funny. He is a godly man who loves the Lord with all his heart and desires to do what is pleasing to Him. He has a passion for the lost. He is loads of fun. His heart is huge and overflows with compassion. He has a terrific sense of humor! Have I mentioned that he makes me laugh? :) He even writes me poetry!

Now, we look back and we marvel at where the Lord has led and directed us during our marriage. And how blessed we have been by the son which the Lord gave us. He has certainly been a major "joy" factor throughout our life.

We have certainly had our ups and downs. We have traveled down into the valleys together and helped pull each other to the top of the mountains. Through it all we have done it together. I'm grateful we have built our marriage on the Lord. It is He who has strengthened us, caused us to grow, enabled us to be forgiving, has provided the joy throughout the years, and binds us together in such a solid secure way. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Honey, I love you and here is to our next 30 years!

4 comments:

Bob and Claire said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congratulations! Where's the picture of your beautiful but grumpy flower girl? LOL! : ) Have a WONDERFUL day celebrating! Any big plans?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You guys are an inspiration.

~ I'm telling you, guys who can make a girl laugh could rule the world. You are a blessed lady!

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! Congratulations! I was just over at another blog buddy's site, where they're celebrating number 31 on the same day!

Happy Anniversay, and here's to many more!!

Randi said...

Congratulations on 30 years! Your letter to your hubby is very sweet, no wonder you have made it this far. Here's to many more!