Well, I know what it is. Obviously, I have too much on my mind, too much to accomplish in too short of time and I'm on the yuck medicine that messes with my mind and sleep patterns. What to do? Naturally, the very first thing to do is stop and P.R.A.Y. After that I need to sit and contemplate...
- "Listen to this Job, stand and consider the wonders of God" (Job 37:14). I need to remember that God is in control. My running around helter/skelter will not accomplish anything. Give it over to Him...release...He is infinitely more able to stretch my time and my energy to get the things done in a way that is honoring and pleasing to Him.
- "Cease striving and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). Here I need to take a 'time-out'. Let me sit at His feet listening intently to what He has to say to me. Focus...on...Him and Him alone.
- "He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul" (Psalm 23:2-3a). My time in His presence is refreshing. It gives me clarity of mind and peace. Calmness overtakes me and I slow down. I stop. I savor my respite. This brings me immense contentment. He has my best interests at heart.
- "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee [me] with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee [ME] with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17). God, Himself, brings me gladness! Gladness results when I allow God to be with me. The source of happiness, joy, peace etc in in the Lord alone. And, to think, God sings over ME!
- "Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forever. From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the LORD is to be praised. The LORD is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens" (Psalm 113:1-4). I need to lift my eyes upward toward where my help comes from. Keep them full on His wondrous face! May I not focus inwardly but totally on Him; trusting Him for everything.
Thank you, Lord for your unfailing love, your mercy toward me. Thank you for having compassion on me, gently lifting me up. May You flow out of me as I rise in the morning ready to meet the day which You have planned for me. Open my eyes so I might see You as you move obstacles out of my way, smooth over rough territory and increase my time to finish what needs to be done. You alone, Lord, are worthy of my praise. There is none Other. May the words of my mouth be encouraging, uplifting, and edifying to those around me but most of all, glorifying to You throughout my day. I pray these things in Your Son's Name, Jesus. Amen.