I've been "tagged" by Gayla at Journey of the Heart to answer some questions. Here's the scoop on how to play: I have to pick 5 occupations out of the list below and post my answers here. Then I tag 3 other people to post their answers on their blog. If I tag you, and you don't want to be a part of this, then that is okay. Just let me know and I'll tag someone else. No pressure here....
The "questions": If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...
1. If I could be a missionary...once I became a Christian, I thought it would be kind of neat to be a missionary but I could see some drawbacks...like living out in the wilds without electricity, some of the odd foods etc...I know pretty selfish. Then the Lord moved my husband and me to Salt Lake City, UT where I have normal food, all the conveniences and spiritual accountability and a mission field w-i-d-e open. Plus, I have the benefit of being recharged and renewed on a regular weekly basis. So what I am saying is we are already missionaries who God blessed by not sending us out into the 'wilds.' We get to share Christ with all whom we come in contact with.
2. If I could be a scientist....I would want to work on something that would make a difference for diabetics. Since I and my sister are both diabetics and we both know the nicest people who are also diabetics I would want to discover something that would counterattack the ravages of diabetes.
3. If I could be a painter....I would want to paint everything! I never tire of looking at the mountains or the sunrises or the sunsets. God's creation is beautiful and I wish I could capture it in all its beauty on canvas.
4. If I could be a musician...actually, I would love to have the ability to sing! As it is right now, I make a joyful noise to the Lord. When I get Home, I will sing all the time and be able to carry a tune (and I will have rythym, also!)!
5. If I could be a psychologist....I worked for a psychiatrist for a number of years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was fascinating and I loved typing up his IME's (Independent Medical Evaluations). The mind is truly a remarkable thing! However, it would frustrate me. There are some people who desire to be helped and would be open to following your advise but there are other people who have no desire to change and just want to keep coming back on a regular basis to have somebody to listen to them. If I could truly heal by sharing Christ and then working from that foundation, then, that would be outstanding.