Monday, April 17, 2006

A new mind?

Okay, do you want to know how my day began? The alarm goes off and, naturally, I hit the snooze. Finally, I drag myself out and look to see if the snow has begun. I begin getting ready, hubby gets up and gets ready and we are out the door to drive to Centerville, about a 35 min drive in good weather. Well, it's snowing and sleeting like a regular WINTER storm! We do arrive by 9:00 am for our appointment, which is scheduled for.....

11:00 and 11:15.

ACK!!!!

May I repeat that? ACK!!!!!

Hubby looks over at me, I look at the gal and say, "We have a funeral at 11:00. I thought we were at 9:00 this morning." *sigh*

We are now rescheduled for 2 weeks at 11:00 am and 11:15. On the other hand, we were able to take our time to get to the funeral and I am now home for the day! The snow may come down all it wants! The refrig is full, the house is warm, what more could I need? What's that? A new mind? Hush! Right now! Don't say another word!

Of course I need a NEW MIND!!!! What woman over 50 doesn't??????

7 comments:

HeyJules said...

I know my turn is right around the corner but man, this cracked me up today!

Oh Claire, at least you kept your shoes on in the parking lot! :-)

Pilot Mom said...

Well, Jules, praise the Lord for the small things of life, right?!!!

Pam said...

Oh sheesh. That's never happened to me ;0]

witw said...

The snow??? It was 101 here today. 101!!!! IT IS APRIL 17th - WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???

Suz said...

I have done that before more then once :/

The thought of snow argh!, Its been in the mid 80's here the last week.

Hugs Suz

LJ said...

SNOW???!!! That's just plain wrong!!! In any language! Come up to this wee Canadian island and enjoy some spring!

Pilot Mom said...

I just may have to do that, LJ!

WITW, 101 is too extreme too! I like a perfect 73 F.

Right, Pam! I have some prime real estate for you... ;)

Suz, the 80's are better than 101. BTW, I'm glad your hubby is working closer to home! :)