Pam who has a home over at Ramblings and Other Things has tagged me with a word game. Here's how it works. Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter (Pam gave me the letter F). Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal/blog, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along. So here goes:
1. Fly: For us it means to get in a plane and take to the skies! Our son, Pilot, flies C-130's in the Air Force.
2. Family: These are the people who we are related to. They may or may not still be living in your home. In fact, they could be spread out far and wide. But they are the ones who love you no matter what, who cheer for you when things are going well, and then come along side of you and cry with you when things are going bad. Sometimes you may be really close with someone who isn't related to you but you feel like they are. In that case they may be "adopted" family.
3. Flute: A musical instrument which one of my roommates played in college. It holds a special place in my heart because she is the one who led me to the Lord some 33+ years ago.
4. Fruit: It's the edible and usually sweet product of a plant or tree such as strawberries, oranges, apples, bananas, kiwi. I love fruit and can't seem to get enough of it to eat. Yum! It's a good thing I'm having strawberries for dessert after dinner.
5. Fret: This is an irritated or worried state for me. It usually happens when I don't turn whatever is bothering me over to the Lord to take care of. I try very hard to not fret and I'm usually successful.
6. Forgiven: This means, for me, that my sins are forgiven by the blood of Christ who died on the Cross so that I can live with Him for eternity! It is a fabulous feeling which I highly recommend to anyone who is searching.
7. Fairway: This is an area of a golf course that is between the tee and the hole and is covered in beautiful, lush green grass. My hubby likes to spend time with his golf clubs here as well as our son.
8. Fillet: Yummmmm...this means the tenderloin of beef! It is the best cut of steak to eat. My favorite!
9. Fuel: This is the really expensive stuff we put in our cars to make it run. As a result of the price of fuel being so high, we've cut way back on our running around in the car.
10. Freebie: I love this! It is something that is given without charge! How great is that? We went to eat at Applebee's one night and when the waitress brought us our check she told us that it was "on the Manager." So, we didn't have to pay anything for our meal! I love these types of freebies!