Monday, November 08, 2004

The Icing on the Cake...

After knowing for sure that President Bush was re-elected the icing on the cake was the ousting of Tom Daschle! From what I understand, John Thune, who beat Daschle is a born again Christian. Our pastor and his wife were at a pastor's conference this summer and had lunch with John Thune's brother and his wife. He, too, is a pastor. But, who should join both couples at their table but John Thune and his wife! Our pastor came away very encouraged by John Thune. I am always quite excited when I find or hear of solid Christians that are involved in the political process. I know it isn't an easy job! They may not be in my state but I feel it is vital to offer support, at least through prayer!

1 comment:

Bob and Claire said...

Wow, I love the counter! I'm VERY impressed! And yes, I totally agree with you about the defeat of Daschle. What an encouranging story about Thune! I read somewhere that he probably wouldn't have won had he not run for and barely lost that House seat 2 years ago. If he had won, then he would be in the House, not able to run for the Senate this year. And since he ran then, he already had a lot of name recognition among the voters. A clear case, I think, of God using a painful situation to prepare him for bigger and better things. Claire