Year End Meme
Tagged by Pam over at Ramblings and Other Things. Here is an interesting meme for you to do....
1. What did you do in 2005 that you had never done before? Well, the biggie for me would be Blogging! I didn't even know what it was until Claire shared all about it with me.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? New Year's Resolutions? What are those? ;) Seriously, no I haven't. I will take some time to think and pray through my spiritual walk. There may be areas which the Lord will show me which need improvement.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, that is reserved for 2006! My niece, Claire, is due toward the end of March to give birth to a little girl after having 4 boys! :)
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, not personally close, but yes, someone who was very close to my sister and all of their family. It was quite tragic.
5. What countries did you visit? No countries this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Off hand I can't think of anything which I lacked.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 13 and December 16. May was when James found out what his Track Select would be (what he would be training to fly) and December 16 was when he pinned on his Wings.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Pinning on James' wings.
9. What was your biggest failure? Making sure I had clearly communicated an important piece of information to Nana.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Let's not even go down this path. There have been way to many health issues this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My outfit for James' Wing ceremony.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Our son, James.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our trip to Corpus Christi, TX. And, we take Nana out to eat a lot. It's a way to get her out of the house so she isn't quite so homebound.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? More than James getting his wings? I would have to say having opportunities to be involved with ministry.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Hmmm...I have no idea.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) MUCH happier b) Thanks to prednisone, MUCH fatter c) Monetarily I would say about the same but spiritually I would have to say FAR richer!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercised. And prayed. One can never pray too much.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinated. *sigh*
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? WE spent New Years Eve with good friends playing games and then praying in the New Year. We have done this for about 15+ years now.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? I love to fall in love with my hubby all over again.
22. How many one-night stands? I won't even answer this one.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Wednesdays became our TV date night. So we watched "E-Ring," "Lost," and "Invasion."
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Oh I couldn't possibly hate anybody. The best way to move past hating someone is to begin praying for them.
25. What was the best book you read? This is hard because I read several that I just loved. Comes a Horseman is one I just finished. Chosen by God was another excellent read.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Some new Praise and Worship songs. If you read my blog at all then you know that I have absolutely ZILCH musical talent or musical anything.
27. What did you want and get? A trip to Corpus Christi, TX. And, a new desk!
28. What did you want and not get? Absolutely nothing.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? "Beyond the Gates of Splendor." Excellent movie.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Celebrated with friends. I do have a knack of stretching my birthday to a week. It's an art form I've been told. ;) I was 51.
31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying? The new medicine for my neuropathy.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Fashion concept? Is there such a thing? Comfortable....that sounds tons better than 'frumpy.'
33. What kept you sane? The Lord! I cannot imagine going through life with all of it's ups and downs without knowing the Lord. If that's a crutch...then bring it on.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I really don't keep up with celebrities.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay "rights", Terri Shiavo, abortion.
36. Who did you miss? Well, that's a given, James. However, I miss being near family.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Gayla from Journey of the Heart. :)
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. It isn't a new lesson but it was certainly reinforced in a big way for me. If God has called you (or someone) to a particular "thing" (i.e. job, ministry etc) then He it is up to Him to equip you with the skills needed to accomplish His task. And, He WILL do that!!!!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "And Can It Be".... No condemnation now I dread; Jesus, and all in Him, is mine; Alive in Him, my living Head, And clothed in righteousness divine, Bold I approach th’eternal throne, And claim the crown, through Christ my own. Bold I approach th’eternal throne, And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Well, you know me...if you would like to jump in and do this, please let me know so we can drop in and get to know you better! :)