Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Feast

Appetizer
Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Eating sushi, facial piercings. It must be too late and I am having a brain cloud because I'm not coming up with a third thing. That in itself is strange...does it count? Lol!

Soup
What was the last ceremony you attended?
A wedding. One thing the couple did different, which we had never seen, was after they were pronounced man and wife, etc., he carried her down the aisle.

Salad
What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
It was reinforced to me how God equips us when He calls you to do a particular job. I was continually awed by Him as I watched Him provide and sustain our son as he went through his pilot training in the Air Force. Over and over again I saw how He provided the skill, the wisdom, the knowledge and ability to be able to accomplish what He had called him to do.

Main Course
Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
My brother (who was a Downs) and I were going to go out to eat for dinner. He loved McDonalds so we went there all the time when he had a choice. This one time, I didn't want to go there. I decided we should go to Burger King. But he really insisted on going. So I thought for a minute and then I told him *ahem* cough, cough* blush* that just like other businesses where people get to go on vacation, McDonalds had people who got to go on vacation. (Now, I did not say that they were closed for vacations...but, I did allude that someone might be on vacation.) He looked at me like, "Oh, I never realized that. Well, since McDonalds is on vacation let's go to Burger King." The next day was Sunday and we had to drive right by McDonalds on our way to church. I didn't think a thing of it. He and I are sitting in the back seat as I we stop at the red light (wouldn't you know it) right next to...yep, McDonalds. He takes one look and says, "Oh, look! McDonalds is back from vacation!" At which time my mom and dad both say, "What?" I had to fess up and explain. It's been a big joke in the family ever since....*blush*

Dessert
If you could extend any of the four seasons to be twice as long as normal, which season would you want to lengthen?
I would have to choose Fall and Spring. I think I like them equally. If I had to absolutely choose one then maybe Fall because it has Indian Summer.

7 comments:

HeyJules said...

That story about your brother was too funny!!!

Saija said...

i enjoyed getting to know you a bit better by reading this!

and the pics of your spring "a coming" are wonderful ... we still have snow with mud thrown in for good measure!

(hugs) and blessings on your weekend!

Corry said...

Truth always comes out, haha.

And congrats with Anna Claire!! I wanted to comment on that post but blogger didn't let me, so I do it here:-)

God's Grace.

Pilot Mom said...

Dawn, I'll be right over...pour me a cup... ;)

Thank you Saija! You have a great weekend yourself.

Thanks Jules. I do admit that I've confessed to the Lord about my lying. ;)

Thanks Corry! The truth does come out, doesn't it? I have another one where truth came out about 18 years later....too funny, but I won't go into that one right now.

Patty said...

What a joke to play on your Brother. I would have probably done the same thing. Hope he forgave you. Have a great week-end.

Anonymous said...

I liked your childhood memory. That was too cute - kinda mean - in a big sister way, but I liked it. That was fast thinking. Probably a good thing I didn't have younger brothers or sisters. OH... now you're making me wonder about the lies my brothers may have told me .... ummmm.....

Unknown said...

You sneaky stinker! I am jealous, that was very creative.

I am still chuckling over that one.

I liked reading about you too.