Monday, March 06, 2006

PILOT....

....has left the building."

It was a wonderful visit, too short, of course. The phone rang around 10 am on Thursday and when I answered it was Pilot asking to speak to Pilot Dad. On any other morning, I would have stayed on the line to talk but I wanted to get in the shower. I handed the phone off to Pilot Dad who was sleeping. When I got out of the shower PD was gone. I just assumed he couldn't sleep after talking with Pilot and maybe he had gone outside to play with the dog before trying to go back to sleep. Little did I know he was on his way to the airport to pick up Pilot. So I finish getting ready and I am sitting at my computer desk having my quiet time when I hear the garage door close in my laundry/mud room. Then I hear Pilot Dad's footsteps as he comes down the stairs. I haven't looked up but then PD puts his hand on my shoulder and at that point I look up and rather than seeing PD I see PILOT! PILOT STANDING RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!! My goodness, he may be the death of me yet!!! I am not sure if my heart will be able to withstand many more of these absolute shock surprises but I'm willing to keep trying rather than go without! ;)

I guess you figured out why there has been light posting over the past few days! ;) My 'tank' is filled up again and I 'think' I can make it until Christmas! We'll see!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

sparrow said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! I'm glad you don't waste "pilot-time" with blogging. But...you have to wait until CHRISTMAS to see him again?

Oh my. Hugs coming your way.

G~ said...

YEAH!!! What a terrific surprise!!!

Congrats on having a lovely (if brief) visit!!

:)

Carol said...

So, whadj'all do all weekend? I mean after he did CPR on you.

Pam said...

That's so great to spend time with the ones you love. I am glad to hear that your tank is full!

Corry said...

I am so happy for you!!!

God's Grace.

Suz said...

What a great picture and great surprise. Iam so glad they were able to pull it off.

Hugs Suz

HeyJules said...

Claire, did you CLONE that kid???

Pilot Mom said...

NO, Jules! He is uniquely one of a kind provided from God!!! :)