Monday, March 06, 2006

PILOT....

....has left the building."

It was a wonderful visit, too short, of course. The phone rang around 10 am on Thursday and when I answered it was Pilot asking to speak to Pilot Dad. On any other morning, I would have stayed on the line to talk but I wanted to get in the shower. I handed the phone off to Pilot Dad who was sleeping. When I got out of the shower PD was gone. I just assumed he couldn't sleep after talking with Pilot and maybe he had gone outside to play with the dog before trying to go back to sleep. Little did I know he was on his way to the airport to pick up Pilot. So I finish getting ready and I am sitting at my computer desk having my quiet time when I hear the garage door close in my laundry/mud room. Then I hear Pilot Dad's footsteps as he comes down the stairs. I haven't looked up but then PD puts his hand on my shoulder and at that point I look up and rather than seeing PD I see PILOT! PILOT STANDING RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!! My goodness, he may be the death of me yet!!! I am not sure if my heart will be able to withstand many more of these absolute shock surprises but I'm willing to keep trying rather than go without! ;)

I guess you figured out why there has been light posting over the past few days! ;) My 'tank' is filled up again and I 'think' I can make it until Christmas! We'll see!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! I'm glad you don't waste "pilot-time" with blogging. But...you have to wait until CHRISTMAS to see him again?

Oh my. Hugs coming your way.

G~ said...

YEAH!!! What a terrific surprise!!!

Congrats on having a lovely (if brief) visit!!

:)

Carol said...

So, whadj'all do all weekend? I mean after he did CPR on you.

Unknown said...

That's so great to spend time with the ones you love. I am glad to hear that your tank is full!

Corry said...

I am so happy for you!!!

God's Grace.

HeyJules said...

Claire, did you CLONE that kid???

Pilot Mom said...

NO, Jules! He is uniquely one of a kind provided from God!!! :)