Monday, March 06, 2006

Getting to know me...

Getting to know me
Kim over at The Upward Call had this on her blog. I thought I'd give it a try.

1. What time did you get up this morning? Around 9 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Glory Road
4. What is your favorite TV Show? Lost and 24
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal with strawberries
6. What is your middle name? Ann
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican, Italian, Chinese
8. What foods do you dislike? Liver, brussel sprouts, cooked spinach, lima beans
9. Favorite Potato Chip? Doritoes
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? poie'ma by Michael Card
11. What kind of car do you drive? Saturn L series
12. Favorite sandwich? BLT or a good hamburger
13. What characteristics do you despise? whiney
14. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans, anything casual
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? Europe
16. What color are your eyes? Blue
17. Favorite Brand of Clothes? I don't think I really have one.
18. Where do you want to retire to? I would prefer to retire in the South however, deep in my heart I really want to be where the Lord wants me so, if that meant staying here in UT then that is what I would do.
19. Favorite time of day? Morning with my Bible. Actually, I like the quiet after hubby leaves for work, too.
20. Where were you born? Oklahoma
21. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball
22. Whom do you least expect to respond to your tag? I won't tag anyone. Tell me if you do this so I can pop in at your place and get to know you better! :)
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Note above answer.
24. Coke or Pepsi? Classic Coke which I dearly love but being a diabetic cokes are a major no-no. *sigh*
25. Are you a morning person or night owl? Technically, I'm a morning person however, for awhile I've been a night owl which makes me NOT a morning person. *another sigh*
26. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Our son, the Pilot, just surprised us with a visit home. However, if you have read my earlier posts you already know that! ;)
27. What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a wife and mother. I praise the Lord that He granted me the desires of my heart.
28. What is your best childhood memory? Traveling over Europe in the back of our van for vacations. I learned how to swim in the Adriatic Sea while in Italy.
29. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? Wife, mother, Ass't Dept Manager, secretary, accountant
30. Nicknames: Claire Bug, Toots
31. Piercings? One in each ear.
32. Ever been to Africa? No
33. Ever been toilet papering? Oh yes! The best ever was my first year in college for Halloween. We began stockpiling the TP from the girl's dorm till they wised up. So we began buying TP at a local market until they took all their TP off their shelves. You had to request toilet paper if you wanted to buy any. Lol! It was a great night until we were stopped by the small town policeman.
34. Been in a car accident? Yes, but never my fault.
35. Favorite day of the week? Friday because it begins my weekend with my hubby.
36. Favorite restaurants? Well, it used to be Finns until they finally closed down after the father/owner died. I do like The Olive Garden (all you can eat salad!), and for a great steak, probably Stuart Anderson's Black Angus.
37. Favorite flower? Roses and azaleas
38. Favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate with chocolate chunk's
39. How many times did you fail your driver's license? Never
40. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? My last email was from a friend.
41. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Oh, I would never ever want to be maxed out! It would take a lifetime to pay it off! However, I do like to shop at Kohls for things for the house because they have great sales.
42. Bedtime? Around midnight. I'm usually in bed earlier, reading until 12:00 am.
43. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? Any one who does it.
44. Last person you went to dinner with? Pilot and Pilot Dad
45. What are you listening to right now? The clicking of my keyboard as I type in silence.
46. What is your favorite color? Green. I love green! It is so restful and peaceful to me.
47. How many tattoos do you have? Sorry, I have none. I can't stand them, especially when I see them on old people and their skin is all wrinkly with the tatoo. Yuck!
48. How many people are you sending this e-mail to? No one. I'm posting it on my blog for anyone who would like to do it.
49. What time did you finish this email? 11:54 pm

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I absolutely loved that, I have a funny story about TPing my former pastor's house, I LOVE LOST...and my middle name is Ann...who knew we had so much in common...great insight into your life!

jettybetty said...

Where were you born in OK--I was born in Shawnee!!

Pilot Mom said...

JB, I was born in Ardmore! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 24. However I missed the 2-hour episode on Monday. I guess I'll have to now wait for the CD.

I hope you can still luv me - I have 2 tattoos. ;)

Pilot Mom said...

Oh, Gayla, you know that I'll still luv ya!!! :)

G~ said...

:) These things are so cool! Such fun to learn odds and ends about the people we visit & come to know across the world!

I may try to post this at my place. I never know if I'll feel like fooling w/a post these days. Um, and a serious one might send folks into shock, kwim?

So...I LOVE LOST and am dying for the 2nd season to come out on DVD. That's how we watched season 1. I'd only seen a tidbit of a couple of episodes, and was SO intrigued, but I hate not having the whole enchilada, so to speak.

We're almost thru Alias on DVD's. Blockbuster Online is GREAT! Nothing like watching a show all the way thru w/o commercial! Woo!

Oh, and I'd have never guessed your eyes are blue!! They don't look blue in any of your pictures. Hmph. :)

~hugs~

jettybetty said...

I know a bunch of people from Ardmore! Did you graduate from high school there?

Pilot Mom said...

No, JB, we moved when I was about 1 or 13-14 mos. My dad was a pilot in the AF so we did a lot of moving in my life. :)