Thursday, January 06, 2005

Holiness...

Without exceptions God has called every Christian to a holy life. He hasn't called me to be like other people but to be like Himself. To be holy means to conform to the character of God. All of His thoughts and actions are consistent with His holy character. Oh how I wish for that consistency!! But, I do not always act consistently with my character. Holiness is God's crown. It is the perfection of all His other attributes. His power is holy, His mercy is holy, His wisdom is holy. Because of who He is He demands that I be holy in all that I do. I need to cultivate in my own heart the very same hatred of sin which God has. God's holiness is an exceedingly high standard, a perfect standard, but it is a standard that He holds me to. He can do no less. Praise the Lord that He does accept me solely through the merit of Christ, but His standard for my attitudes, affections, and actions is, "Be holy, because I am holy."

No comments: