Sunday, January 23, 2005

Isaiah 9:6

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" Isaiah 9:6.

I've used this verse many times in witnessing to my mormon friends, mainly in discussing the names of Christ. "The mighty God" and "The everlasting Father" show how Christ is God, not one of three gods. But, something else struck me the other night from this verse in particular. Christ has always been...in other words, he was never born, being eternal. So a baby was born, but a son was given. In other words, Christ who has always eternally existed was given to us...it wasn't Christ that was born. I think this is a very important distinction, especially here in the area in which I live.



No comments: