Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about YOUR NAME



1. It is French.

2. When I was 4, and new in the neighborhood, 2 girls were over introducing themselves. After they said their names I told mine. One of them asked if I was a girl or a boy.

3. The masculine spelling leaves off the 'e' on the end.

4. I was named after my Dad's mother.

5. I was also named after my Mom's mother.

6. My last name is French, too.

7. When I was little I didn't like my name.

8. Now, I absolutely adore it.

9. My niece has my same first name.

10. My cousin also has the same first name.

11. When we are all together people have to use our middle names when speaking to us.

12. I think my niece will name her baby, if it is a girl, our name.

13. My name is Claire.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Jen

2. Dawn

3. Eric

4. Suz



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool meme! The code scares the heck out of me, and I don't know if I can come up with 13 items, but I might have to give this one a try. And .... for the uneducated ... does meme stand for???

Pilot Mom said...

LJ, don't be scared...just copy and paste. Be sure to pick the color you like! :)

As for meme...I've read several descriptions but go here for a dictionary definition:
http://webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=meme

I look forward to reading yours! :)

Jen said...

I like the name Claire! I was going to use it for one of my daughters, but when we settled on her first name (Maya) we thought it would sound like we were talking about a pastry (Maya Claire, My eclair, get it? har!)

My 13 are up!

Leslee said...

K, well, I didn't go with the whole code thing... it's almost my bedtime. So I just did your meme over at my siteIt was fun. Thanks for the idea!

Mike said...

Fantastic subject for a TT. I'll have to put it in the back of my mind for inspiration later.

Musings and Meanderings

Anonymous said...

What a great 13! Glad to have run into your site and learn a bit about your name!

I've just posted my first 13 as well.